Monday, July 12, 2010

Toy Story 3 - best movie of this year.

We have been through half of this year, and the only movie which stands out clearly is Toy Story 3. I have always loved animation. I love the way animators are able to make people laugh. But I am even more intrigued when they are able to turn people emotional, or even make us cry.  The first time I saw this was in Disney Pixar’s Up! There is a complete sequence of storytelling with moving images and soothing background music, but not even a single bit of dialogue, but it turns the viewer emotional. The only that stopped me from sobbing was that I was watching it at home, and not in the theatre.  And now , I had a similar feeling of nostalgia when I watched Toy Story, specially the ending. Again, there is no piece of dialogue meant for the viewer, it’s just animated sequences of last looks, and silent goodbyes. And music. Beautiful music.

 

At home, I still have some of my old toys, salvaged and preserved in the drawing room show case. It’s a bit of younger me. And old monkey my dad brought from Germany. A toy dog which still barks if batteries are inserted. The movie made me think, how did I feel when I outgrew my toys..sigh, don’t remember.

 

 

If you haven’t watched Toy Story 3- you are missing the best movie of this year……at least, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment