Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time to call it a year

 

 

Another year coming to an end,man…..years do go by fast nowadays. I can still remember the last day of my school days…like it happened yesterday. And today I am living a ..mm..comfortable life here, in front of this computer. Put on a few kilos, lost some hair, got a pair of eyeglasses (power incresed !!). Outer appearances have definetly changed, but inside I am still that foolish guy.

 

Time for some resolutions. I have laughed at setting goals and taking resolutions since school days, but today I understand that you have to focus somewhere you want to hang on to. Last year, I took the new year resolution that “I will no longer work on weekends”. Well, just to keep myself busy during the resulting boring weekends, I also decided to go home to Kerala every two weeks. Both worked out fine. I had to break my resolution only three times in 2008, due to work pressures. After returning from my short onsite stint, there was too much work here that I had to work late nights in 13 hour shifts for two months. And came to work on two weekends in that period. The third time was when the project actually went live,it was on a Sunday night. Three counts of resolution breaking. And although I didn’t travel every two weeks, I did it more frequently than before.

 

This year I would love to resolve that “I will no longer work over time”. But that one is close to impossible now. Cause half of my team is being ramped down and all….. But I will try my best to stay home after the said nine hours of work. So that’s resolution number one.

 

Number two would be to “Watch what I eat and try to work out”. Hmmm….lets see…I have no one to remind me of this one. But hey, its worth a try.

 

I pray that the coming year be prosperous for all my family and friends. After all, its hope that makes the world go around. So thank you folks for staying with me. And hope you there next year too.

 

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment